Go To Search
Click to Home
Licensed Establishments
Regulated Establishments
Richland County contracts with the State Department of Public Health and Human Services Food and Consumer Safety Section (DPHHS) to conduct inspections, licensing, and plan review on all food service establishments, including mobile units, wholesale food facilities, hotels, tattoo and piercing shops, trailer courts/campgrounds/RV parks, and work camps. These establishments are licensed by DPHHS and inspected by a sanitarian at least annually, and must adhere to state and local regulations. Hard copies of these regulations are available upon request.
View the 2016 Annual Retail Food Inspection Report!

View the 2016 Trailer Court, Work Camp, Camp Ground Annual Inspection Report!

Retail Establishment Rules and Montana Code Annotated Title 50, Chapter 50

Wholesale Food Manufacturing Rules and Montana Code Annotated Title 50, Chapter 57

Hotel (Public Accommodations) Rules and Montana Code Annotated Title 50, Chapter 51

Trailer Courts/Campgrounds/RV Parks Rules and Work Camp Rules and Montana Code Annotated Title 50, Chapter 52

Body Art (Tattoo & Piercing) Rules and Montana Code Annotated Title 50, Chapter 48;
Montana Code Annotated Title 75, Chapter 10,
Montana Code Annotated Title 45, Chapter 5, Part 6

Each of these regulated establishments must undergo a plan review process and an inspection prior to licensing and service. Each establishment may also be subject to additional rules and regulations from other agencies. For additional information or to begin the process to obtain a license, please contact the Environmental Health Office. 

Food Safety Courses
Effective January 2015, most licensed retail food establishments are required to have at least one employee trained in food safety. Please review this information for course availability. Effective July 1, 2017, there will be a $35 fee per participant in ServSafe courses, and a $10 fee for proctored exams. Contact the Environmental Health office for more information. 

Guidelines for Volunteer Groups
Volunteer groups providing food for sale or service at a function such as a religious or charitable organization's bake sale or community dinner are exempt from licensing, but must follow all food safety rules outlined in the Administrative Rules of Montana, linked above. Please use the following references to guide your food preparation and service, and call the Sanitarian with any questions or concerns.

Food Safety for Volunteers
Cooking for Groups
Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands

Richland County
201 W. Main
Sidney, MT 59270