Welcome Back to Your Center!
Congregate Meals will resume at all four of the Senior Centers in Richland County this April! In an effort to protect our Seniors and help control the spread of COVID-19, the centers have been closed to dining since last March but that will soon change. A Senior Center Reopening Plan has been established and approved so that we may reopen the centers as safely as possible. Although the plan seeks to reduce the chance of spreading COVID we understand it is not a guarantee if you are uncomfortable eating in the dining room we will gladly provide you with a To-Go meal until your are comfortable in the Congregate setting. Whichever way you choose to enjoy your meal, we ask that you review the following to help protect yourself and others as we resume our regular activities.
Congregate Meal Plan
A detailed plan has been created to allow the reopening of the Senior Centers in Richland County. All staff and volunteers have consented to follow the plan to ensure the safest environment possible within the center. The majority of the plan will be carried out by staff and/or volunteers however everyone will need to work together to ensure the centers can remain open while keeping their patrons healthy.
While this plan does help minimize the risk of contracting COVID-19 while in the center it does not eliminate it.
What does this mean for the Facility?
- The facility will be routinely cleaned and sanitized or disinfected according to the guidelines in the printed plan.
- Common items such as table decorations will be eliminated to reduce cross contamination
- Buffet style dining will no longer be permitted; staff and/or volunteers will plate all food
- Condiments will no longer be self-serve; packets of ketchup, salt, pepper, etc. will be provided
- “To Go” meals should be provided for those who do not wish to congregate. These meals need to be recorded separately.
What does this mean for the Staff?
- Staff and/or volunteers will be responsible for enforcing all rules and/or guidelines. These include:
- Social Distancing
- Wearing of Masks
- Restricting unnecessary movement throughout the center
- Staff and/or volunteers will wear gloves and masks at all times while serving seniors
- Staff and/or volunteers will pre-plate all food
- Staff will hand out all flatware (either disposable or rolled)
- Staff and/or volunteers will record attendance by table and date
- Disposable items should be used whenever possible (plates, cups, containers, etc.)
- All beverage refills will be provided in a new cup/glass (preferably disposable)
- Cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting from the written plan needs to followed at all times
What does this mean for the Patrons?
- Do not enter if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms
- Consent to temperature checks as they are provided
- Wear a mask unless seated at your table
- Do not rearrange tables and/or chairs; adhere to the social distancing guidelines
- Restrict unnecessary movement throughout the center
- Whenever possible sit with the same group of people
- Respect the 6 foot markers and/or arrows when picking up your food if applicable
- New cups must be used when refilling beverages
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of attending the center, please let the COA know so we can arrange a thorough cleaning. We can also provide you with a list of your tablemates if you need them for identifying close contacts.
**Exact dates for the reopening of each center will be posted by March 31, 2021.
Visit your local Senior Center for a hot homecooked meal. There is always plenty of food, friends and fun to make your visit worthwhile! Below you will find the meal schedule for each center; visit one or visit all four. You'll never go away hungry and you're sure to have a great time!
Seniors (Age 60 and over): $5.00 Suggested donation
General (Age 59 and under): $10.00 Required purchase
Congregate Meal Schedule
|Sidney (813 3rd Street NE)||Tuesday and Friday||11:30 am||(406) 433-8077||Teresa Larson|
|Fairview (507 5th Street W)||Monday and Wednesday||11:00 am||(406) 742-5050||Teresa Larson|
|Savage (178 E Main)||Thursday||12:00 pm||(406) 776-9980||Teresa Miller|
|Lambert (Fox Lake Center)||Tuesday||12:00 pm||(406) 774-3439||Phyllis Cayer|
Tuesday Meal at the Fox Lake Senior Center